Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dreams as Metaphors

This is pretty basic stuff as I am sure we all place a high value on our dreams, or that we have been taught from our indigenous teachings to do so.... that our dream time serves as a way for spirit to engage our psyche or subconscious in a way that helps us to navigate our earth walk. I have not placed a lot of emphasis on my dreams as I should. One problem has been that I rarely remember my dreams, another is that I have a very vague understanding of dream interpretation. I mean, anyone can pick up a dream dictionary and guess what it could mean.

In light of Duran's work, I am inspired to offer tobacco to the spirit of the dream time to understand this better. After all, I have immersed myself in studying ancient symbology and metaphor the past year and believe it was the original language. I think it is time! So I am going to start a dream journal!

No comments: